Week 2 –
Nathan and I met 17 years ago this February – a lifetime (or about 1/2) of a lifetime ago! It’s hard to look back and not run into a memory where Nathan isn’t in. When counting my blessings, Nathan is definitely toward the top of the list 😉
Even though, we’re very different in many ways, we compliment each other in a way that works. The main reason why it works is because our priorities are aligned – we both have God at the top of our lists, and I truly believe that’s the most important thing for our relationship. We’re not perfect, we have our faults, and we both have made mistakes, but, giving up on each other is not an option.
When thinking about being grateful, the big things always jump to the top of the list because those are the things people expect you to be grateful for, but, the day-to-day little things that go unnoticed but end up making or breaking a relationship, those are the things for which I want to make sure I express my gratitude.
Nate, I am eternally grateful for:
- your naiveté – innocence about certain things in the world – it balances us out!
- the nights when you get in bed first and warm up my side of the bed before I get in
- getting up earlier than me to make me coffee before taking me to work
- putting up with my crazy OCD tendencies
- listening to my stories from work and pretend you understand 🙂
- supporting my hobbies, new interests, and crazy ideas
- reaching across the bed with your warm feet to warm up my cold feet
- how excited you get about new things, like your bike, or a game, or a new place you like
- how careful you are when you drive
- how tightly you hold my hand when watching a suspenseful movie
- getting your ‘cooking-mojo’ back
- loving my family the way you do
- putting up with Michín
- complimenting me even on the days when the mirror does not lie
- encouraging me to slow down, to take a break, to take care of myself
- knowing that you’ll be by my side, regardless of what’s going on in our lives